Mon, Oct 05|
Emerald Coast Science Center
Online Learning Hub
Drop your kids off with the Science Center where they can experience facilitated virtual learning. The center will provide a safe space for students enrolled in mySchool Online, Okaloosa Online, or other virtual schooling options. Available Mondays only.
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2020, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Emerald Coast Science Center, 31 Memorial Pkwy SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, USA
About The Event
- Per Monday: $55 Nonmember/ $50 Member
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Pick up ends at 4 p.m.
- Preregistration is required; your child's space is not secured until payment is processed
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Our museum is closed to the public Mondays, so your children will have a quiet space to complete their mySchool Online, Okaloosa Online, or other virtual schooling options. We have a cap of 20 students per Online Learning Hub session. The center is also following CDC guidelines with frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all spaces including the classrooms used for e-learning space. The museum has several hand sanitizing stations throughout including in classrooms. All staff are required to wear a face covering, and we ask you send your child with a face covering for use when they are indoors and cannot maintain social distance from others.
Children will get a break during lunch time to eat at our outdoor picnic tables; there is plenty of space between tables. They can enjoy our outdoor exhibits during this time as well.
Our staff is there to ensure your child is able to learn virtually by facilitating as needed. They are not replacing the classroom teacher or parent but simply assisting in the e-learning process.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Students must bring their own technology and materials for e-learning, including laptops, class schedules, and login information.
- Please send your child with a face covering, lunch, drink, and snacks. Food sharing outside of households will not be permitted.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
- Online Learning Hub requires a minimum of 10 student registrants to proceed. Parents will be contacted 48 hours in advance in the event of a cancellation and will be refunded in full.
- Participant cancellations must be submitted 72 hours in advance of the workshop start date; there is a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations will be accepted ONLY in writing.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP:
No children are left unattended in the museum. Please be on time when dropping off and picking up students. There is a fee for late pick-ups: if you are more than 10 minutes late picking up your child(ren), a late fee of $15 will be applied per child.
- Ticket type
Please bring your ECSC membership card upon check in.Price$50.00
- Ticket type